Saturday, November 04, 2006

So Deven and I attended the Inter-Mountain Snow Show this past weekend. It was truly my initiation into Snowmobile Geekdom. Once you have sunk to the depths of spending the afternoon in a giant room full of bearded men, promoting horsepower and high performance motor oil you know there is no turning back.
Upon arriving at the ticket booth, where I found my loving husband anxiously waiting for me (he had already been there for four hours) I was quickly ushered over to the “Drawing” for the 2007 Ski-Doo Snowmobile. At this point I realized that the main reason I was allowed to attend this snow lover extravaganza was that my participation merited another entry for the drawing. Deven quickly filled out the ticket for me as I glanced over at another girl rolling her eyes as her husband did the same thing for her with a mischievous smile on his face.
After I was properly entered into the drawing I was ushered down the stairs into a room full of… well it was full of…. I don’t really know, a lot of stuff that Deven, Papa Serr, and Dale were,…well literally drooling over. I have to admit that Mandy was present as well so I was not overcome by to much testosterone. We looked at and scrutinized, helmet cameras, vintage snowmobiles, anti-fog solutions, boots, shovels, beacons, toy haulers, videos, magazines, cabin properties, maps (Deven took home 17 maps of which he will read during every minute spent on the toilet during the month of November, ha ha your secret it out), jackets, nitrous kits, turbos, helmets, socks, pants, left handed throttles, etc.
The highlight of the show for Deven as well as myself because I got to see the look on his face and partake of his excitement was as we rounded a corner to a large trailer positioned in the center of the arena. Painstakingly positioned in the center of the trailer sat a beacon of power, strength, stealth looks, agility, clout, brawn, and might. “Look Eve, isn’t it beautiful, it has the “Ski-Doo blue” and the bright yellow. Mounted upon this trusty steed you would be one with the mountain.” I watched Deven jump up on the trailer with ease and embark upon a dissertation about the Snowmobile that lie before us.
He pontificated about feature after feature and that, he really did know what he was doing, “I drilled holes in my track last month and now the track on the new sled has just as many holes. I am ahead of all the engineers getting paid big bucks to ride and design snowmobiles for a living!” (Deven’s dream job) For those of you that are not knowledgeable in the ways of the sled head culture, weight is everything! I have only recently been properly educated on this concept after I told Deven and Casey that they were Ghettofying their snowmobiles by drilling holes everywhere. I was promptly told that “Functionality and personality were more important than beautification” I learned two things that day, number one, to never refer to a snowmobile as Cute, and two, that a well taken care of machine can have a personality, a life, and feelings of their own.
Anyhow, I think we have officially kicked off the season; we have included a picture of us mounted upon the new Yamaha Phazer, which I grudgingly agreed to sit upon as the passenger. I hope that all y’all will enjoy reading about our upcoming adventures and that I have not hurt Deven’s, Casey’s and Dale’s, egos too much. Oh yeah, hopefully it will snow soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger leslie said...

Look at you Eve.... rippin it up on the blogging boards!! Loved your description of the event, esp. the "Ski-Doo blue" ...Sweet! Can't wait for our turn to go snow mobiling with you guys!

Nov 6, 2006, 9:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home