Well i havn't posted much sledding this winter but it has been a great one, good snow and great company. one particular trip Eve and I took I will share though because I think it will interest most of my audience. BTW Am I the only straight male blogger out there?
Anyway, Eve and I just got back late (I will explain later) Saturday night from snowmobiling in Moab. Yes there fantastic riding just outside Moab. You know the Mtn’s that you see all white capped and beautiful behind Delicate Arch,

yeah, not only do they make a great backdrop for Arches National Park but they are loaded with snow and very secluded riding. We have a friend who happens to be one of the three families that own a large portion of the La Sal Mtn range. He has a rustic cabin up there at 10,200ft that looks like this…..

We had a lot of fun riding around and being the only people up there sledding for 2 of the 3 days. A local ran on to us and was very surprised to see us. I guess there are only 8 snowmobiles in Moab and we were not any of them. We actually doubled the population of sledders in south eastern Utah when we rolled into town.
I think the best part of this trip were the views! Eve and I really appreciate natural beauty and Moab just moved up on the list of places that we may live some day. We could see Vail Co, the San Juan range in southern Colorado and northern New Mexico, Humphery Peak in Arizona, the Henry Mtn’s, Boulder Mtn, and Skyline Drive by Fairview all from the same Location, it was surreal to say the least. Here are some of the Picts we took.







Coming home was fun, We left Saturday night before dark, a small storm was forecasted for that evening but I was disconnected from my information over the weekend so we could not tell what the storm was really shapping up to be. We were 30 minutes from Mapleton when the UHP turned us around and told us to go back to Price. Well they closed hwy 6 all night so we ended up driving south to I-70 (which was much worse driving conditions) and over to Salina and back up to Mapleton that way. It was 2 a.m. before we got home Saturday night. Had we arrived a few minutes earlier at the road block we could of made it through and been home at 9 p.m. Oh well I am not complaining, this detour just made the trip that more interesting.
As you can see these beautiful areas are not that easy to get to but are worht it. Eve has become a really good rider and I am glad that we get to share this pastime together for part of the year. So for the Tippets out there add sledding to the list of talents your daughter/sister has.
Anyway, Eve and I just got back late (I will explain later) Saturday night from snowmobiling in Moab. Yes there fantastic riding just outside Moab. You know the Mtn’s that you see all white capped and beautiful behind Delicate Arch,
yeah, not only do they make a great backdrop for Arches National Park but they are loaded with snow and very secluded riding. We have a friend who happens to be one of the three families that own a large portion of the La Sal Mtn range. He has a rustic cabin up there at 10,200ft that looks like this…..
We had a lot of fun riding around and being the only people up there sledding for 2 of the 3 days. A local ran on to us and was very surprised to see us. I guess there are only 8 snowmobiles in Moab and we were not any of them. We actually doubled the population of sledders in south eastern Utah when we rolled into town.
I think the best part of this trip were the views! Eve and I really appreciate natural beauty and Moab just moved up on the list of places that we may live some day. We could see Vail Co, the San Juan range in southern Colorado and northern New Mexico, Humphery Peak in Arizona, the Henry Mtn’s, Boulder Mtn, and Skyline Drive by Fairview all from the same Location, it was surreal to say the least. Here are some of the Picts we took.
Coming home was fun, We left Saturday night before dark, a small storm was forecasted for that evening but I was disconnected from my information over the weekend so we could not tell what the storm was really shapping up to be. We were 30 minutes from Mapleton when the UHP turned us around and told us to go back to Price. Well they closed hwy 6 all night so we ended up driving south to I-70 (which was much worse driving conditions) and over to Salina and back up to Mapleton that way. It was 2 a.m. before we got home Saturday night. Had we arrived a few minutes earlier at the road block we could of made it through and been home at 9 p.m. Oh well I am not complaining, this detour just made the trip that more interesting.
As you can see these beautiful areas are not that easy to get to but are worht it. Eve has become a really good rider and I am glad that we get to share this pastime together for part of the year. So for the Tippets out there add sledding to the list of talents your daughter/sister has.


1 Comments:
I hope you are not the only strait blogger out there or all my bloging efforts are for NOTHING! I'm kidding, I'm kidding.
Despite being quite cold at times and having massive amounts of rain at other times, Indiana is supprisingly barren of snow most of the time. I miss the mountains, they really are sooooo beautiful!
Post a Comment
<< Home