Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Lone Peak has been topped, FINALLY, after three years of failed planned trips I finally just did it and drug Eve with me. After hearing of the Beauty this Hike holds just beyond the journey through hell (Jacobs Ladder) I would have to say this hike has it all and more. Unlike Timpanogous, which is practically wheel chair friendly comparatively, Lone Peak is Tough. To the other extreme it is Beautiful, Wonderful, and a well kept secret of the Wasatch front. Lone Peak is Definantly the toughest Hike I've done in Utah but at the same time the most unique and Beautiful. I won't get into much detail here but the our hike was 15 miles long (instead of the 11 that was advertised on the internet). It took us 13 hours to complete and I calculate we went through 3 gallons of water before we got to the nearest sevice station for an ice cold coke (great for settling nausia and stomach aches). Eve tried more times than I could count to talk me out of getting through the "Jacobs Ladder" but we prevailed through it with a little help from O'berto and some fantastic dried Mangos. Eve is a great hiking partner with more endurance than any other person I've hiked with. After Eve took a cat nap in the Cirque and I summitted we headed back out. We ran into a couple who were BYU students (its not too hard to distinguish them). As we were chatting about routes to the top and routes we came up the mans wife pipes up and said, referring to the Jacobs Ladder; "you mean the hike from HELL!" we got a good laugh out of it and went on our way. 6 hours latter we were back at the truck and off to a cold shower and a long sleep. Here are some pictures.....It was Fantastic!

-A look before heading off.




-Eve at the top of Jacobs Ladder





-Taking a break before the Cirque








-The tippy (literally) top.








-One last look back




-The end is near

1 Comments:

Blogger leslie said...

i love the great valley below! you are right, it is beautiful. it reminds me of when i hiked maple mountain with you, but i'm glad i didn't hike this one!!!! i'm getting my pictures developed soon. tell hannah i'll send her the picture of me and her sitting on a rock. love, elle

Jul 4, 2007, 1:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home