Well Eve and I have had a couple outings lately that were a lot of fun and a great way to escape the summer heat we’ve been having lately. At the end of July Eve and I decided on a whim to load up the truck and head on over to the Sawtooths in Idaho for a couple days of fishing, sight seeing and plain relaxation. I have been explaining to Eve for the better part of 2.5 years of marriage to beauty of these mountains in central Idaho, but I guess as she found out it is just one of those things you have to see to believe.



We camped at the beloved Mormon Bend campground along the Salmon River. This place holds a dear place in my heart being that is was the location of many family reunions in my childhood. We set up camp late Thursday night and enjoyed a marvelous 39 degree night in our tent, (sounds cold for summer…it was and we loved it). Friday and Saturday were spent fishing the river and checking out Redfish lake, (we rented a kayak and tried that out, I am not a kayaker). Sunday we headed back home taking the scenic route through Sun Valley and on home to Utah.




We camped at the beloved Mormon Bend campground along the Salmon River. This place holds a dear place in my heart being that is was the location of many family reunions in my childhood. We set up camp late Thursday night and enjoyed a marvelous 39 degree night in our tent, (sounds cold for summer…it was and we loved it). Friday and Saturday were spent fishing the river and checking out Redfish lake, (we rented a kayak and tried that out, I am not a kayaker). Sunday we headed back home taking the scenic route through Sun Valley and on home to Utah.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home